Whether you’re gearing up for hunting season or just getting out to enjoy the mountain air, there are a few things you need to make a great campsite.
There’s nothing like coming back to camp after a long day full of hunting and hiking. You’re tired and hungry, and kicking back and relaxing is just what you need! Sure, no campsite is perfect, and none are quite like home, but a good campsite can really make a difference. Unfortunately, not all campsites are created equally, and there are some things you can do to elevate your experience and make your campsite great.
Read how you can make your campsite even better below.
5 Things Your Need for a Great Campsite
One of the best parts of hunting is enjoying the great outdoors, but let’s be honest. There are always things we can do to make our campsites even better. Here’s how:
- Find a Campsite with Enough Space —Often times your campsite ends up being smaller than you actually thought. Make sure you find a campsite large enough to accommodate your fire pit and seating around it, your “kitchen,” and anything else that is a must-have for you and your crew.
- Good Food Makes for Good Camping — Cooking at a campsite doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some good eats! With high-quality ingredients and some preparation, you can eat better on the mountainside than you do at home. Here are a bunch of fantastic camping recipe ideas.
- Make What You Can Comfortable — Just because you’re hunting doesn’t mean you can’t be as comfortable as possible. Here are a few ways you can make your campsite as comfortable as possible:
- Large Enough Tent — There’s no reason to feel cramped in your tent. Make sure to bring a large enough tent that can accommodate you, your tent mates, and everyone’s belongings.
- Air Mattress or Cot — If you’re still sleeping on an old, thin sleeping pad, you’re doing it wrong. A good night’s sleep is essential to a successful hunt, so upgrade to an air mattress or cot.
- Bring What You Want — Sure, it might take extra space, but if there’s something you love at home that makes things more comfortable, like your favorite mug, robe, or book, bring it along!
- Elevate Your Kitchen — Aside from the basics, there are some things you can bring along that will elevate your camp kitchen and improve your meals. Bring your good knives, cutting board, and portable table. Consider investing in a portable charcoal grill or quality dutch oven. These small changes can make a big difference.
- Pack a Hammock — Yes, you can rest your bones on your cot or camp chair, but wouldn’t it be great to set up a hammock amid fresh smelling pines with a view of the stars and valley below? Do it!
Forget About a Great Campsite — Contact R & K Hunting Company Today!
Planning your hunt and making a great campsite can be time consuming. Instead of doing all the work yourself, call the professional outfitters and guides at R & K Hunting Company. Our knowledgeable and experienced team takes the hassles and headaches out of planning your hunt and setting up camp. With beautiful cabins, comfortable beds, and advice and pro tips from our expert guides, you’ll understand why people come back season after season. Enjoy a luxury hunting experience in the scenic mountains of Wyoming and Utah. Contact R & K Hunting Company to book your next hunt today!