Hunting with your UTV is one of the smartest and most effective ways to elevate your hunting experience.
Seasoned hunters know that bringing your UTV or ATV along can help you make the most of your trip. They are a very popular tool for modern-day hunters and sportsmen. These machines are extremely helpful on the side of the mountain and can make your hunt more efficient. You can streamline your trip even further by adding a handful of UTV accessories to your ride that will surely come in handy more than once.
Hunting With Your UTV: 7 Accessories to Outfit Your Ride
Outfitting your UTV or ATV for your hunt is almost as exciting as the hunt itself. Here is a short list of the accessories your UTV and ATV needs:
- WINCH KIT — When you’re on the side of the mountain, you may find yourself in some challenging situations. Whether you’re trying to get yourself unstuck from the mud or are wanting to pull that big buck you scored back to camp but are faced with a steep hill, a good winch is necessary and is well worth the small investment. Make sure the one you select is the right size for your machine.
- GUN OR BOW RACK — You never know when you’ll need access to your firearm or bow. You can grab your weapon at a moment’s notice with an easy-access gun or bow rack.
- FIRST-AID KIT — A first-aid kit is one of the smartest things you can bring along in your UTV. You should never leave your campsite without it — not even on your own land. Hunting is inherently dangerous, as is riding a UTV, and having a decent first-aid kit stocked with necessary items is crucial. Make sure you have a supply of glaze, antibacterial ointment, bandages, and other first-aid essentials. Lastly, you’ll want to bring a gunshot wound kit in case the worst happens.
- STRAPS — It’s always a good idea to have a variety of different types and sizes of straps in your side-by-side. You’ll be bringing a lot into camp and packing (hopefully) even more when you leave. Bumpy trails make straps a must-have.
- LIGHT BAR — Extra lighting can be hard to come by when you’re hunting on the mountain. Additional lights come in handy for early mornings or late-night trail rides, lighting up your campsite, and more.
- TIRE PATCH KIT — Always stock your UTV with a tire patch kit and a small air compressor. The last thing you’ll want to do when you have a flat is to have to walk back to camp, especially after a long day of hiking and hunting.
- STORAGE OPTIONS — Your UTV or ATV only comes with so many storage options. Bringing along all of these additional items can make your machine feel crowded and messy. Get organized with a rear trail box, overhead roll cage organizer, or storage bags that attach to your seats and doors — you’ll have a spot for everything you need to bring.
Contact R & K Hunting Company
Avid hunters understand how helpful hunting with your UTV can be. Serious hunters also know how advantageous hunting with a qualified and experienced guide like the pros at R & K Hunting is. Enjoy your hunt without any of the headaches and hassles of planning. For an exciting hunting adventure in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Utah and Wyoming, contact us today.