Make sure to bring along some tasty hunting snacks so you don’t let the sound of your growling stomach scare off what you’re hunting.
Hunting is full of excitement and adventure, but there can be long periods with little to no action. During this time, you’re likely to get cold, tired, and hungry. But don’t let yourself starve while you wait for your perfect shot. Make sure you are prepared for the long waits with plenty of snacks.
Continue scrolling to learn more.
7 of the Best Hunting Snacks
When you bring along your hunting snacks, they need to meet specific criteria: not too messy, loud, or fragrant, easily packable, and satisfying. Here are some of our favorite go-to snacks to fight off hunger during your hunt:
- Meat Sticks and Jerky — Is there a more fitting snack than jerky while you’re hunting? There are many types of jerky: venison jerky, beef jerky, turkey jerky, elk jerky. And countless flavors: traditional, spicy, teriyaki, garlic, and more! This snack is packed full of protein and taste and will help you warm up with lots of chewing.
- Trail Mix — Next to jerky, there isn’t a snack better suited for hunting than trail mix! While the classic peanuts, M & Ms, and raisins mix is excellent, many other combinations and options exist. Pick up your favorite artisanal blend with milk, white, or dark chocolate chips, cashews, almonds, and a variety of dried berries and other fruits to satisfy your hunger.
- Bars of All Kinds — Protein bars, energy bars, granola bars, whatever kind of bar you fancy, bring it along! Bars are an ideal hunting snack because they are compact, calorie-dense, and are perfect for on-the-go eating.
- Pop-Tarts — Sometimes convenience isn’t enough, but when convenience is paired with satisfying flavor, it’s a win-win, and Pop-Tarts do not disappoint. Pop-Tarts have you covered whether you are in the mood for a berry-flavored treat or want something a bit more seasonal with pumpkin or brown sugar and cinnamon. Just make sure to unwrap your snack before settling in to minimize the noise you make.
- Sunflower Seeds — If you want something that tastes great, is a good source of protein, and gives you something to do to pass the time, then bring sunflower seeds along for your next hunt. They come in all sorts of different flavors, like dill, ranch, or BBQ, and will help keep you busy while you wait for a big buck to come along.
- Gummy Anything — We’re thinking fruit snacks, penny candy, gummy worms and bears, and anything else gummy. If you have a sweet tooth, gummy snacks are an excellent treat for hunting. They make very little noise, are super tasty, and you can buy them in bulk!
- Fresh Fruit — As long as it’s not too fragrant, fresh fruit can be an excellent hunting snack. Bananas, berries, apple slices, and grapes are all good (and healthy!) options, ideal for your hunt.
Book Your Next Hunt With The R & K Hunting Company
Hunting snacks are essential, so don’t forget to bring them along!
For an unforgettable hunting experience, contact the hunting experts at The R & K Hunting Company. Our trusted professionals do all the planning and work, so you don’t have to! You can enjoy your hunt in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Utah and Wyoming and chef-prepared meals after a long hunting day. Contact The R & K Hunting Company to book your next hunt today!